Ms. Resendes has been working in the legal field for over 20 years. Prior to attending law school, she worked as a judicial secretary in the San Diego Superior Court for approximately 6 years, and as a legal assistant at large and mid-sized San Diego firms. Her primary focus includes business contracts, businesses litigation and disputes, employment law defense, regulatory law in food, drugs and cosmetics, unfair business competition and real estate litigation.
Ms. Resendes is a recipient of the prestigious, national Burton Award for Excellence in Legal Writing, for her published student note regarding the federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. She graduated from law school summa cum laude in May 2011. Ms. Resendes has received twelve Witkin Awards for Legal Excellence, a national Inns of Court Outstanding Program Award and was editor of Thomas Jefferson Law Review for three years. Ms. Resendes also clerked for the Honorable Jeffrey B. Barton of the San Diego Superior Court and was a Jefferson Fellow Research Assistant.
Her recent briefing in a homeopathic drug false advertising case led to a favorable decision on behalf of the Marron firm’s clients in the face of the recent 9th Circuit decision in Mazza v. American Honda. See Allen v. Hyland’s, Inc., No. CV 12–01150 DMG (MANx), 2012 WL 1656750 (C.D. Cal. May 2, 2012). Ms. Resendes has several published opinions to her credit. Ms. Resendes has lectured on the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and false advertising on behalf of Harris Martin in a CLE-approved course.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. – 2011
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California
- California, 2011
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Ninth District Court of Appeals
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association
- Latinas in the Law, San Diego
- California Super Lawyers Rising Star list (consumer law category)— 2016, 2017