Location: San Diego, California
Contact: Contact Me
Chris Popov is a native San Diegan and has practiced law in San Diego for more than 39 years. He has diverse experience in all aspects of business law, including forming and structuring businesses, capitalization structure and financing, mergers and acquisitions, negotiating equity and debt financing and architecture of complex joint ventures and business opportunities.
Mr. Popov’s focus for the past several years has been on mergers and acquisitions, technology ventures and representing medical practices in partnership formation, in office ancillary medical services ventures, surgery centers, medical partner admissions and practice sales. Prior to joining the Watkins Firm as Of Counsel, Mr. Popov was the founding partner at Popov & McCullogh LLP. Mr. Popov’s experience at Popov & McCullogh was in the area of business financing and mergers and acquisitions, including State Securities laws, state Blue-Sky requirements and business litigation and defense of Securities and Exchange Commission investigations and Internal Revenue Service matters. In addition, Mr. Popov practices aviation law and is on the legal panel for AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) and is a licensed commercial pilot.
Mr. Popov is very active in the business and legal community. He is a member in good standing of the State Bar of California, the Federal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and all Federal District Courts in California as well as several legal and business associations.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Forming and Structuring Businesses
- Capitalization Structure and Financing
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- California, 1979
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Central District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Popov & McCullogh, LLP, Founding Partner